Join us for a themed tour about the emblematic role of lavender in amorous relationships all around the world. This tour is full of surprises and ends with the confection of a love potion!
- Adults Over 18 years old
- Students Must have valid student card
- Teenagers 11 - 16 years old
- Children 0-10 years old
- OAP Seniors
- Disabled Cards Must have valid card
The Art of Fine Lavender and Environmental Issues!
This thematic tour links the art of Provence’s true lavender and environmental issues. Learn more about the scarcity of water in the dry mountains of Provence, the interaction between bees and lavender, the fragility of the soil, and more. This visit is full of exchanges on topics that affect us all!
- Arrive at the museum and receive the informative pamphlet. Discover the botanical difference between wild lavenders and endemic ones from Provence, and the hybrid ones, the lavandines, through the explanations of our specialized guides. Depending on the season, this first botanical part takes place in the gardens of the museum. It can also be presented around the still during the distillation period from July 1st to August 25th. In this case, it is in the form of the workshop “A living soil, what is it?” where you discover the soils — the land and the covered green manures in the gardens of the museum.
- In the projection room, enjoy a beautiful documentary that was shot on our lavender-growing estate, Le Château du Bois, following the lavender summer harvest, from cutting to distilling in order to obtain the most precious of essential oils.
- In the showroom with the most beautiful collector’s items, the guide tells the story of fine lavender from the 16th century to the present day.
- The ecology and lavender part of the visit makes it possible to concretely address the rarity of water, key figures and solutions, and the fabulous story of the marriage of bees and lavender. Discussing topical themes that resonate with each of us, everyone shares their experience. We realize that there are effective solutions at each level and locally.
- The end of the visit takes place in the elegant shop in the museum. You can smell and try the Haute Provence PDO Lavender essential oil, the niche perfumes, and organic cosmetics. The explanations of our advisors on fabrication and usage unveil the virtues of fine lavender and of Provençal and medicinal plants. Next, enjoy a tasting of lavender herbal tea in the shop. Children correct their quizzes with the Lavender Team, who give them their young lavender growers diplomas.