Discover the art of fine lavender in every aspect: discovery of botany, production, harvest, distillation, history from the 16th century to now, know-how, and the uses and benefits of true lavender.
- Adults Over 18 years old
- Students Must have valid student card
- Teenagers 11 - 16 years old
- Children 0-10 years old
- OAP Seniors
- Disable Cards Must have valid card
Learn How to Make a Lavender Sachet
This tour showcases the art of true lavender in Provence and its traditions with the combination of a workshop and a tour for the whole family to remember. The advantage of this tour is you get to create your very own personalized lavender sachet.
- In the museum workshop, a creation-dedicated area, both children and adults can, with the assistance of the guide, create the prettiest lavender sachets that you can then put in your drawers or use as a perfumed decorative item.
- When you get your informational leaflet at the reception, discover the botanical difference between wild lavenders and endemic ones from Provence, and the hybrid ones, the lavandines. Children discover their quizzes in a surprise envelope.
- In the projection room, enjoy a beautiful documentary that was shot on our lavender-growing estate, Le Château du Bois, following the lavender summer harvest, from cutting to distilling in order to obtain the most precious of essential oils.
- In the exhibition room that showcases the most exquisite collector’s items, the guide tells you about the history of fine lavender, from the 16th century to now. Thanks to the museography, you discover the ancient ways of cutting and distilling and the evolution of the needs and uses of the fine lavender of Provence. During the entirety of the tour, you can ask questions and interact with the guide in a friendly way.
- At the end of the tour, you can smell and try the Haute Provence PDO Lavender essential oil, the niche perfumes, and organic cosmetics. The explanations of our advisors on fabrication and usage unveil the virtues of fine lavender and of Provençal and medicinal plants. Next, enjoy a tasting of lavender herbal tea in the shop. Children correct their quizzes with the Lavender Team, who give them their young lavender growers diplomas.