Take part to our summer live lavender distillation from July 1st to August 25th and enjoy the perfume coming out of our 1900 still, and the explanations of our distillator.
Tradition & Heritage Tour
- Adults Over 18 years old
- Students Must have valid student card
- Teenagers 11 - 16 years old
- Children 0-10 years old
- OAP Seniors
- Disabled Cards Must have valid card
The Art of Fine Lavender in Every Aspect!
Discover the art of fine lavender in every aspect: discovery of botany, production, harvest, distillation, history from the 16th century to now, know-how, and the uses and benefits of true lavender. Join us for a dynamic tour with a Lavender Team guide.
- When you get your informational leaflet at the reception, discover the botanical difference between wild lavenders and endemic ones from Provence, and the hybrid ones, the lavandines, their growing area, and key figures through the explanations of our specialized guides. Children discover their quizzes in a surprise envelope.
- In the projection room, enjoy a beautiful documentary that was shot on our lavender-growing estate, Le Château du Bois, following the lavender summer harvest, from cutting to distilling in order to obtain the most precious of essential oils.
- In the exhibition room that showcases the most exquisite collector’s items, the guide tells you about the history of fine lavender, from the 16th century to now. Thanks to the museography, you discover the ancient ways of cutting and distilling and the evolution of the needs and uses of the fine lavender of Provence. During the entirety of the tour, you can ask questions and interact with the guide in a friendly way. Encounter 25 audio points on the Audio Guide Tour.
- At the end of the tour, you can smell and try the Haute Provence PDO Lavender essential oil, the niche perfumes, and organic cosmetics. The explanations of our advisors on fabrication and usage unveil the virtues of fine lavender and of Provençal and medicinal plants. Next, enjoy a tasting of lavender herbal tea in the shop. Children correct their quizzes with the Lavender Team, who give them their young lavender growers diplomas.
- The Audio Guide Tour can last up to two hours, and there are free audio guides available in 12 languages.
- The last entry is at 17:15 in the low season and 18:15 from May to September.